Sunday, June 15, 2008

Project 3- Art Gallery, Shop/House

My design was mostly influenced by Andy Goldsworthy, especially his large work "Wall". It is built from using found objects, it changes over different seasons and decays over time. Andy also plays with the connection of the wall . The concept of my building came out from the whole idea of land art, that is using found objects in nature to put together something beautiful and let it decay like the way it should be in nature.

These are the art works included in my building, most of them can be left to decay and changes over time. New art works will be made and put up at different seasons. Most of the works are by Andy Goldsworthy, some by Richard Long and Hamish Fulton.



The Site
The main reason why I have picked this site is mostly because theres a park behind to suit my scheme.
Park behind the site
The park allows me to play with Andy Goldsworthy's idea of connectivity of the wall, by continuing some elements of the building to the park.

No comments: